Dr. Maarten Honing appointed Professor in Drug Discovery Analytics
The Department of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences (CPS) at VU University Amsterdam has appointed Dr. Maarten Honing at the Special Chair ‘Drug Discovery Analytics’. With this special chair the department is aiming at reinforcement of new initiatives in research and education programmes of the Department in areas covered by Analytical Chemistry and Drug Discovery, Development and Safety.
Dr. Honing has a strong and productive research background in industrial Pharma and Life Sciences R&D. Amongst others; he played a leading role in the Top-institutes TI-Pharma and TI-Coast, both being very important Dutch public-private partnerships. He will play a significant role in our CPS-Master programmes, particularly also in access to industrial internships for our master students.
The department has welcomed professor Honing as of September 1st, 2011.
Brief CV of Dr. Maarten Honing:
• Competence Manager/ Principal Scientist" at DSM Resolve in Geleen (March 2011- )
• Section-Head Analytical Sciences and Compound Logistics in Discovery. Merck Research Labs/Organon, Oss, (2004 – 2011).
• Ph.D. Analytical mass spectrometry in Environmental Chemistry, VU University Amsterdam. Supervisor: Prof. U.A.Th Brinkman. (1991- 1995)
• M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry, University of Amsterdam. (1984 – 1991)
• B. Sc. Clinical Chemistry. Laboratorium School, Amersfoort. (1978 - 1981)