- Telephone:+31 20 59 87005
- Room nr:m-122
- Unit:faculteit der aard- en levenswetenschappen (subafdeling systeemecologie)
- Position:Extraordinary Professor
To contact Prof.dr. Flip Witte, please use only the following mailing address:
Flip Witte works as Principal Researcher at KWR Watercycle Research Institute, integrating the scientific disciplines hydrology and ecology. In March 2007 he was appointed as extra-ordinary professor at the Systems Ecology group. His research focuses on the effects of water management and climate change on both the water balance and the biodiversity of nature areas. Results have been used in policy analyses and environmental impact assessment studies of drinking water companies, water boards, provinces and other institutes.
Effects of climate change on evapotranspiration and groundwater recharge of natural vegetation.
Spatiotemporal variation in water related soil factors, such as pH and oxygen availability, and its effect on the species composition of natural vegetation.
Climate versatile modelling of vegetation patterns (the Probe model ).
Adaptive measures to combat the negative effects of climate change and desiccation of conservation areas
Chair (‘Bijzondere leerstoel’)
Ecological aspects of Water-Vegetation Interactions
Rien Aerts, Peter van Bodegom and Bob Douma
- Gijsbert Cirkel (Msc) investigates the size and dynamics of rain water lenses in nature reserves with upward seepage.
- Hans Roelofsen (Msc) develops methods to map plant traits and vegetation types with remote sensing techniques.
- Bernard Voortman (Msc) investigates the effects of climate change on vegetation structure, evapotranspiration rate and groundwater recharge.
- Sija Soffenberg (Msc) investigates the effects of climate change and the inlet of brackish water on the vegetation of fens.
- Ruud Bartholomeus (PhD) investigates the effects of climate change on vegetation structure, evapotranspiration rate and groundwater recharge.
- Yuki Fujita (PhD) models the effects of climate change and water management on soil nutrient dynamics
Ecological aspects of water-vegetation interactions